Sunday, May 22, 2016

I leave a piece of me behind..

Rafting trip with a few of my favorites.
         As I stare at my suitcase and empty dorm room, all kinds of thoughts are are processing through my brain right now. I can't believe my time in Olomouc has come to an end. After spending one of the greatest weeks so far with my classmates in southern Bohemia its makes me wish I had a little more time with them. This week I spent more time with people I didn't get to know that we'll during this program and if I could go back in time I would've gotten to know them better. I've realized that this trip has brought me life long friendships. No words can express my love for the town of Olomouc and the study abroad group 2016. I leave a piece of me in Olomouc since it made being away from home for 3 months a little easier.
Na Shledanou Olomouc
            This crazy week began when we went to Litomysl. This small town was just a one night stay on our voyage to Cesky Krumlov. During our stay here it happened to be Jessica's birthday so of course we had to go out! The night started off as a girls night which we didn't have very much of. That night proved to be one of the best. The group of girls in this trip have a special place in my heart. We have such unique personalities and different perspectives that made my time here so great.

I hope Jess enjoyed her birthday as much as I did. I have so much love for that girl. She's proved to become one of my closest friends on this trip and I hope to continue our friendship back in the states.
What's Jess and Lil without food?

Day 2: Kutna Hora
Instantly from arriving to this cute little town I fell in love. The beauty of this place was mesmerizing.

Church in Kuta Hora
The group!
During our 2 days in this town we saw a magnificent church and went down the silver mines. The church stuck out to me for nothing in the town was built like it or even to it. The silver mines were scary... Haha. I didn't realize I had fear of little areas until then. I was almost crawling through these mines and I had to go sideways since my hips proved once again to be too large. Haha. My favorite part of this adventure was definitely the bonding within the group. We had a girls night which consisted of stuffing our faces with pizza and drinking 2 liters of wine.
Cesky Krumlov at night.

The beautiful view of Cesky Krumlov with the beautiful Sami.
Now the real fun begins, Cesky Krumlov. I know I say this a lot but this place was BEAUTIFUL. If you've ever seen a Disney fairytale, Cesky Krumlov was like walking into a fairytale. And just like fairytales we had a happily ever after. We arrived and checked into our cute hostels and immediately ventured off and checked out the local stores. For supper we visited this mid evil restaurant.. We ate in the dark and got to see them make our meal! Okay so we saw a theater the next day and the usual but the real fun began when we went rafting. Wow. Where do I begin. These group of people proved to be beyond amazing. I've never had so much fun with anyone as much as these crazy hoodlums. We rafted down Cesky Krumlov for what was suppose to be 2 hours but somehow we made it into 4 1/2 hours. Six of us squeezed onto this rafting boat and within minutes we almost flipped it over and had people jumping in. I can’t really wrap up those 4 hours into a paragraph because so many thoughts were running through my mind. I can’t even describe how much fun we had together. We had a nice dinner together with the entire group and our professors. I sat next to Kathy and my heart was sad. She’s been so good to us these past three months it was like my mom was on this journey with me. Overall this week was the best class field trip we could’ve had. This week will be close to my heart for many years.
Castle on our way home from Cesky Krumlov

Kassidy is always capturing moments, it just happened to be Alexander and mines lucky day
Well, here I am sitting in the airport… It feels like just yesterday I was landing into Prague. So many emotions are running through me right now. Will the group stay in contact when we go back to America? I sure hope so. I’m happy to continue to travel these next 2 weeks with Aubrey, Hannah, Lydia and Jessica. These group of girls have truly changed my life. I’m leaving this country with 4 new best friends. As for the rest of the group, I hope to see you all sometime back in Kearney or where ever the traveling bug takes you. Its been my pleasure to have met such amazing people and I’m excited to see where your future takes you.


NA SHLEDANOU!
The group at the salt mines. I miss them already.

No comments:

Post a Comment